Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The rumblings of an introvert

The rumblings of an introvert

Have you ever felt in life, that you are trying so hard to communicate something and it all comes out wrong? Totally wrong! At the end of it, you even feel, why did I even start this. Oh yeah, I am sure there will be at least someone in this world who will agree with me. Yeah, being an introvert is always a bane. They say every coin has two sides. But believe me there is no other side of being an introvert. You are just stuck with its bad qualities and all your life you have to struggle with it.

The funny part is the more and more you try you become more conscious and then you really look like an utter fool. We have watched in movies right. In fact when I think about it don’t you think almost all movies are about losers in life? I mean come on where is the fun in watching someone who is really smart and successful and has absolutely no problems in life. Where is the story line if the hero / heroine doesn’t have something lacking which he / she struggles to overcome and lo behold at the end of two hours they magically are transformed and they somehow can figure out the mantra of life and everything is so beautiful and nice.

Unfortunately, that is a movie. Life is different. I wonder in life if there is a happy ending always like in movies. In movies, the emotional and shy guy is so hopelessly in love with the girl and every time he tries telling her he gets it all wrong. However, in the end everything falls into place and the introvert is no longer an introvert. I wish that happens in real life too. In real life however, things are not that rosy. It feels more like a vicious cycle. Since you are an introvert you have naturally few people around you and naturally you treasure every nice person you meet and then unknowingly you even end up looking really desperate. Naturally, you keep all your feelings bottled inside, it will come with all force out that it will freak the other person out making the person run for his / her life. The introvert is left to wonder what did I do wrong. Darling, the only thing you did wrong is you showed too much affection too soon. Anyways, again because of this experience, the introvert tries harder next time and the cycle goes on and on leaving the introvert a confused, under confident, restless soul. Now only God can save this person.

3 comments:

TheExperimentalMom said...

:)This is so true. and No you are not the only one. this has been a BIG problem with me. I've tried to become an extrovert so much so that I started believing this is who I really am. but I've ALWAYS said too much too soon to people who mattered too much. and you can guess the result -they ran away:P.

sorry for not saying anything new and for not even offering any solutions,( 'coz I don't have any) - just wanted to say - you are not alone!

shreybomb said...

i completely understand you! i went from being an extrovert to an introvert back to an extrovert. Its insane! The introvert to extrovert transition was way too difficult. But you know the best thing to do is to just forget what people are going to think. Be yourself, that's the most important thing. I didn't realize that until a while, basically until I really met a group of uber cool people who accepted me the way I am! ~ have fun! Try it! It works. Just say what you want to!

shreybomb said...

You have been tagged check my blog you will know what I am talking about, dont worry its sooper random